What you'll need
- 3 Carrots sliced into discs
- 3 Parsnips chopped into chunks
- 1 Red Pepper chopped into large chunks
- 1 Red Onion chopped into large chunks
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
Pre-heat oven to 220°C / 425°F
1. In a casserole dish, mix together the Carrots, Parsnips, Onions and Red Pepper.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the Hacker Seasoning, Water and Olive Oil together and add to the veg. Give it a good mix to ensure all the veg is coated in the Hacker marinade.
3. Roast in the oven for 30 - 40 minutes, stirring half way through. Remove from the oven and serve..
Roasting Bag Method:
Pre-heat oven to 200°C / 400°F
1. In a large bowl mix together the Carrots, Parsnips and Red Pepper.
2. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the Hacker Seasoning, Water and Olive Oil. Put everything into the roasting bag and shake the bag so all the veg are coated with the Hacker marinade. Close the bag with the tie provided and make a slit just below the tie, to release the steam.
3. Place in a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 40 minutes or 50 minutes for more tender vegetables. Remove from the oven, allow to stand for 5 minutes before carefully opening the bag
Hints & Tips
- Can be served as a side or main dish. As a main course you can serve with Hacker seasoned couscous.
- Serve with Hacker Couscous (recipe link)
- You can use any chunky veg you have in or fancy.
- Can be frozen both cooked and uncooked