What you'll need
- 1 Large Butternut Squash
- 285g Jar of Roasted Peppers
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 200g Chopped Button Mushrooms
- 1 Tin Chickpeas (washed & drained)
- 200g Spinach Leaves
- 100g Red Pesto
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see above for choices)
1. Preheat Oven to 190C / 380F
2. Cut the butternut in half lengthways.
3. Scoop out the seeds (see hint below) and some of the flesh.
4. Line a roasting tin with parchment paper and roast the butternut (cut side down) for 50 mins.
5. Whilst the butternut is roasting, fry the Onions, Mushrooms and Butternut flesh.
6. Add the Hacker seasoning, chickpeas & spinach to the frying pan. Mix together
7. Remove the butternut from the oven. Turn them over (flesh side up) and top the butternut with the fried mix.
8. Bake in the oven for 40 mins
9. Garnish the top with the pesto and serve.
Hints & Tips
- When cutting the butternut, place on a tea towel to prevent it from slipping.
- Finely grate some parmesan on top and serve.
- Rather than throwing the seeds away, wash & dry them. Coat in 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a roasting tin and add a sprinkle of Hacker seasoning. Roast at 175C / 350F for 10 - 20 min until golden brown. You can add these as a topping on your roasted butternut or just eat them as a healthy snack.