What you'll need
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 500g Minced Beef
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 tins (2 x 400g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 400g Fresh Lasagne Sheets
- 50g Butter
- 50g Flour
- 750ml Milk
- 120g Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- 250g Cheddar Cheese, grated for topping
- Bunch of Fresh Basil
- 2 Scoops of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
1. On a medium heat, fry the Onion in the Olive Oil and cook until it is tender and opaque.
2. Add the minced beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, and cook until it is golden brown.
3. Add the Tomato Paste, Tinned Tomatoes and Hacker Seasoning. Give it a good stir and put it to one side.
1. Melt the butter in a microwavable bowl for around 15 seconds.
2. Add the flour and whisk together for about 30 seconds making sure the flour is all mixed in.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of milk at time, stirring briskly in between spoonfuls, making sure you don't have any lumps. When the mix has become smooth and more liquid, you can mix in the remaining milk.
4. Place the bowl back in the microwave for 1 minute at a time, stirring vigorously in between each minute, until the sauce has thickened.
5. Add the Parmesan, mix well, and put to one side
Making the Lasagne
1. Place a think layer of Meat Sauce in the bottom of your slow cooker - this prevents the lasagne from sticking to the bottom.
2. Add one layer of Lasagne sheets and topped with some more Meat Sauce.
3. Now spoon on a layer of White Sauce and then repeat with Lasagne sheets, Bolognese and White Sauce until your ingredients are all used up.
4. Finish the top layer with grated Cheddar Cheese.
5. Place the lid on and cook on a low heat for 6 hours.
6. Serve with some chopped Fresh Basil on top.
Hints & Tips
1. This recipe is great for putting on in the morning, so when you come back home - dinner is hot and ready to serve.
2. Serve with a mixed salad and some warm crusty bread.
3. If you only have dried Lasagne sheets, boil some water then in a flat dish, lay the Lasagne sheets on the bottom and pour over the boiling water before you start. Leave them in the water until you are ready to use them.