What you'll need
- 1 Large Onion Chopped
- 3 Medium Carrots Chopped into small squares
- 600g of Minced Lamb
- 200ml of Water
- 2 tablespoons of Tomato Puree
- 1 tablespoon of Brown Sauce
- 2 Scoops of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
- Grated Cheddar Cheese for topping
- 1.5kg Potatoes peeled & quartered
- 50g Butter
- Splash of Milk
1. Gently fry the Carrots and Onions until soft.
2. Then add the Minced Lamb and fry until slightly brown.
3. Add the Water, Tomato Puree, Brown Sauce and 2 scoops of your Hacker Seasoning to the pan and give it a good stir.
4. Allow to simmer, with a lid on, for 1 hour. (stirring occasionally)
5. Potato Mash: Add the potatoes to another pan of salted boiling water for 20-25 mins. Drain well and mash the potato with the Butter and Milk.
6. Spread the mash on top of the meat mix, top with cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese bubbles.
Slow Cooker Method:
1. Gently fry the carrots and onion until soft.
2. Fry the Minced Lamb until golden brown.
3. Add the onion, carrots, minced lamb, water, tomato puree, brown sauce and 2 scoops of Hacker Seasoning into a slow cooker and give it a good stir
4. Cook on high for 2 - 4 hours or on low for 8 - 10 hours.
5. Potato Mash: Add the potatoes to a pan of salted boiling water for 20-25 mins. Drain well and mash the potato with the Butter and Milk.
6. Spread the mash on top of the meat mix, top with cheese, allow to melt and serve.
Hints & Tips
1. Serve with some chutney or brown sauce on the side.Print