What you'll need
- 1.6kg Whole Chicken
- 500g Potatoes, washed, peeled & cut into large chunks
- 3 Carrots, washed and cut into large chunks
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, washed and cut into large chunks
- 1 Large Onion, peeled and quartered
- 30g Butter, room temperature
- 50ml Water
- 50ml Olive Oil
- 2 Scoops of a Hacker Seasoning plus another 1/2 a teaspoon
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350 F
2. In a bowl add the 1/2 tsp of your Hacker Seasoning to the butter and mix well with a fork.
3. Place your fingers under the skin of the Chicken and gently loosen it from the meat. So you are creating a pocket to place the butter between the skin and the meat.
4. With your hands, slide the Hacker Butter between the skin and the meat of your chicken and rub all over the inside.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the Water, Olive Oil and 2 scoops of your Hacker Seasoning to make a marinade.
6. Spread your Carrots and Sweet Potatoes in the base of your roasting tin.
7. Place your Chicken on top of the veg and pour the marinade over the top.
8. Cook in the oven for 1.5 hours
9. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then serve
Hints & Tips
- Serve with steamed spinach, mange tout or green beans