What you'll need
- 100g of Portobello Mushrooms sliced
- 200g of Arborio / Risotto Rice
- 1 Finely Chopped Onion
- 50g of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Extra Parmesan to garnish
- 1 Tablespoon Plain Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 25g of Butter (Divided into Two)
- 240ml of Water
- 240ml of Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- Chopped Basil to Garnish
- 1/2 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see above for choices)
1. Fry the onion with half the butter until lightly golden brown. Add the rice and toast for 1 minute.
2. Add the Mushrooms, Flour and Hacker Seasoning and fry for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
3. Pour in 1/4 of the Vegetable Stock. Keep stirring until the liquid has all been absorbed. Then add another 1/4 of the Vegetable Stock and repeat until all the stock has been used up and the rice is plump and cooked.
4. Take the pan off the heat and add the remaining butter and grated Parmesan.
5. Place a lid on the pan and leave for 5 minutes for any excess liquid to be absorbed.
Roasting Bag Method:
1. Add the flour, salt, onion, mushrooms, rice, half the butter and your Hacker Seasoning into a roasting bag. Turn the bag a few times to mix the ingredients together.
2. Place the roasting bag into a roasting tin ready for the liquid to be added. Microwave the water and stock in a microwavable jug for approximately 3-4mins until the liquid is hot, then carefully ladle the liquid into the bag.
3. Tie the top of the roasting bag and place upright in a roasting tin. Cut a small slit near the tie to let the steam out. Roast for 35 mins or until the liquid is absorbed.
4. Remove from the oven and let it stand for 5 min before carefully opening. Spoon the mixture into a large serving bowl and mix in the remaining butter and parmesan cheese.
Hints & Tips
- Serve with shavings of Parmesan Cheese and chopped Basil.