What you'll need
- 400g Beef Mince
- 200g Pork Mince
- 30g Breadcrumbs
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tin (400g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 200g Grated Cheese (mozzarella and/or cheddar)
- 1/2 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (for the meatballs) (see above for choices)
- 1/2 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (for the sauce) (use the same Hacker No. Seasoning you are using for the meatballs)
- 4 Sub Rolls or Ciabatta Rolls
- 1 Small Red Onion Sliced
- Optional:- lettuce, red onion, gherkins, sliced black olives & jalapenos for your sub/ciabatta roll.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the egg, water, breadcrumbs, onion and Hacker Seasoning.
2. Add the Beef and Pork Mince and mix gently, but thoroughly, with your hands.
3. Form this mixture into 1 inch meatballs.
4. Heat a frying pan with the Olive Oil and fry the meatballs for around 2 mins to seal them. (lightly golden brown)
5. Add the Chopped Tomatoes and your 2nd half a scoop of Hacker Seasoning.
6. Simmer gently for another 7-8 minutes stirring occassionally.
7. Sprinkle the cheese on top and turn off the heat - allow the cheese to melt into the delightful meatball mix.
8. Whilst the cheese is melting, slice open the sub / ciabatta rolls, butter on one side and then layer with lettuce, red onion, gherkins, sliced black olives and jalapenos.
9. Place the meatballs on top, pour some of the sauce over and serve.
Hints & Tips
- Serve with fries, chips or crisps.
- If you want more spiciness - add a splash of Tobasco Sauce
- You can freeze the meatball sauce for a quick warm up dinner later in the week.