What you'll need
- 500g Macaroni Pasta
- 250g Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 125g Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Pint of Milk
- 100g Butter
- 100g Flour
- Sprinkle of Breadcrumbs
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
Pre-heat oven to 180°.
1. Cook the macaroni pasta as per the instructions on the packet, once cooked, drain and cool under running cold water and add dash of oil to stop it sticking together. Place the pasta into an oven dish.
2. In a pan, melt the butter, add the flour and quickly mix into a thick paste. Remove from the heat. Add the milk - a little at a time - stirring continuously until a smooth texture is achieved.
3. Return to the heat and stir until the sauce thickens. Fold in the cheese and Hacker seasoning of your choice and mix well.
4. Pour the sauce over the macaroni, top with breadcrumbs and bake for 25 - 30 mins.
Hints & Tips
- You can add some lightly fried or steamed vegetables to the mac 'n cheese before baking to add some goodness
- Leftovers make a great quick heat up meal for those nights when you're tired and hungry