What you'll need
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 50 ml White Wine
- 500g Fresh Mussels, scrubbed
- 400g Linguine
- 400g Plum or Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 50g Chopped Parsley
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
1. In a frying pan, heat the Olive Oil and fry the onions on a medium heat until soft and opaque
2. Add the white wine and bring to the boil.
3. Then add the mussels, cover with a lid and cook. Shake the pan often until the mussels open.
4. Once most of them are open, transfer them to a bowl and remove and discard any unopened mussels. Remove half of the mussels from their shells and leave the other half inside their shells.
5. In the same pan, add the tomatoes and Hacker Seasoning and cook over a medium to high heat, stirring often until the tomatoes begin to soften and break down. Then add the parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Now add the mussels back in to keep warm.
7. Pasta: Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until it is "al dente".
8. Drain the pasta and put it back in the pan. Add the sauce and mussels to the pasta and cook on a high heat for 2 mins, stirring constantly until it is piping hot.
9. Transfer to bowls, drizzle with some Olive Oil and serve.
Hints & Tips
- If you don't have fresh tomatoes, you can use a tin (400g) of tomatoes.