What you'll need
- 2 Aubergines (cut into 1/2 inch thick discs)
- 480g Minced British Lamb
- 700g Passata
- 300g Sour Cream
- 100g Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
2. Place the Aubergine slices in an oven tray, drizzle with oil on both sides.
3. Bake in the oven for 30 min, turning over half way through.
4. Fry the mince in the Olive Oil
5. Add the Passata and simmer for about 10 mins.
6. Sprinkle in the Hacker Seasoning, give it a good mix and then allow to simmer for a further 10 mins.
7. In the base of an ovenproof dish, spread a layer of the lamb mix. Then a layer of Aubergine and top with the remaining meat mix.
8. In a bowl, mix the sour cream and Parmesan together and pour over the top.
9. Bake for 15-20 mins or until bubbling and brown on top.
Hints & Tips
Serve with greek salad and some warm crusty bread.