What you'll need
- 500g Uncooked Prawns
- 100g Olive Oil
- 80g Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley, finely chopped
- Splash of White Wine
- 1/2 a Red Pepper or 1/2 a Red Chilli (if you want it spicier)
- 1/2 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
1. Prepare the prawns by ensuring the vein that runs down the back has been removed and give them a quick rinse under cold water.
2. Pat them dry with some kitchen roll and set aside.
3. Finely chop the Red Pepper/Red Chilli.
4. In a pan over a medium heat, melt the butter with the Olive Oil and add the Hacker Seasoning and Red Pepper/Red Chilli. Cook until tender. Add the white wine and parsley and cook for another 1 min. Allow to cool.
4. Place the uncooked prawns and Hacker Marinade into a food bag and seal. Make sure the prawns are all well coated in the marinade. Place in the fridge for 20 mins..
5. Remove the prawns from the fridge. Heat a pan on a medium heat and fry the prawns, turning half way through, for 5-7 mins. They will turn pink - then you know they are ready.
6. Serve with warm rustic bread, garlic mayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Hints & Tips
1. Serves 2 people as a main course or 4 as a starter.