What you'll need
- 4 Fish Fillets, skin & bones removed (cod or haddock)
- 100g of Flour
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 200g Breadcrumbs (panko are ideal)
- 20g Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 4 Tacos
- Lettuce, shredded
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
1. Pat the fish fillets dry with some kitchen roll.
2. In a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and your Hacker Seasoning.
3. Place the flour in another bowl
4. In a third bowl beat together the egg and water.
5. Coat the fish fillets firstly in the flour, then the egg mix and then press the fillets into the Hacker Breadcrumbs and place on a clean plate. Place them in the fridge.
6. Heat the butter and the Vegetable Oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
7. Remove the fish from the fridge and fry in the pan for about 5-7 minutes (turning over half way through) until the breadcrumbs are golden brown and the fish is thoroughly cooked through.
8. Fill each Taco with some shredded lettuce and then place a fillet in each. Top with a good dollop of Mayonnaise and a squeeze of lemon to serve.
Hints & Tips
You can also use the Hacker Breadcrumbs with Chicken, Turkey or Halloumi Cheese.