What you'll need
- 1 Medium Onion Chopped
- 1 Leek Chopped
- 200g of Smoked Boneless Fish
- 200g White Boneless Fish
- 150g Flour
- 150g Butter
- 1 Pint Milk
- 2kg Potatoes
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
1. Cut the fish into large chunks and coat with flour.
2. Lightly fry the onion and leek until softened.
3. White Sauce: In a pan, melt the butter, add the flour and quickly mix into a thick paste. Remove from the heat. Add the milk - a little at a time - stirring continuously until a smooth texture is achieved.
4. Return to the heat and stir until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the fish, onion, leek, white sauce and your hacker seasoning in a slow cooker (or pie dish) and mix.
6.If you're using an Oven, prepare the mash following point 7 below. Add the mash on top of your fish mix, add the cheese on top and bake at 200C for 25 min and the side are bubbling.
7. If you're using a Slow cooker, cook on high for 1h30 - 2 hours..Prepare your mash following point 8 below, then spread the mash evenly on top of the fish, sprinkle over some cheese and serve.
8. Mash:- Peel and wash your potatoes thoroughly, cut into pieces and add to a pan of simmering salted water.. Boil for 20-25 mins. Drain well and mash with a splash of milk and a knob of butter.
9. Spread the mash evenly on top of the fish, sprinkle over some cheese and serve.
Hints & Tips
1. For a crunchy topping you can add breadcrumbs on top too.Print