What you'll need
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 500g of Lean Beef Mince
- 200ml of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Worcester Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Sauce
- 2 Scoops of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
- 1.5kg Potatoes
- 50g Butter
- Splash of Milk
- Handful of Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Sliced Tomatoes (optional)
1. In a pan, fry the onion gently, in a little oil, to soften.
2. Add the mince and fry until lightly brown.
3. In a small bowl stir together 2 scoops of your Hacker Seasoning, Water, Brown Sauce and Worcestershire sauce and then pour over the meat.
3. Place a lid on the pan and cook on a low heat for 1h30.
4. Make the mash.
4. Place the meat mix into a heat proof dish, top with mash and a generous sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
5. Put under a grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling, then serve.
Slow Cooker Method
1. Fry the onion gently in a little oil to soften slightly.
2. Brown the mince and add to a slow cooker along with the onions.
3. Mix 2 scoops of your Hacker Seasoning, Water, Brown Sauce and Worcestershire sauce together and pour over the meat.
4. Slow-cooker on low for 2 - 4 hours or high for 8 - 10 hours.
5. Make the mash. Spread on top of the meat with a generous sprinkle of cheese and serve.
1. Peel potatoes and wash thoroughly. Cut each potato into equal sized pieces and add salted water. Boil the potatoes for 20-25 mins. Drain well and mash the potato with the butter and milk.
Hints & Tips
1. Thinly slice some tomatoes and place on top before grilling (hob method)