What you'll need
- 6 Medium Carrots Grated
- 4 Pitta Breads
- Bunch of fresh Coriander or Basil
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Seeds
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1 Orange
- 2 Lemons
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see above for choices)
1. Preheat the oven to 130C / 250F
2. Tear the fresh coriander / basil into pieces (discarding the stalks) and then add the grated carrots into a bowl.
3. In a dry frying pan, lightly toast the sesame & poppy seeds (about 3 - 4 min) tossing regularly. Then place them in a bowl.
4. Dressing: In another bowl, add the juice and zest of the lemons and oranges. Add the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the scoop of Hacker seasoning and whisk.
5. Pour the dressing over the carrot mix and toss.
6. Pop the pittas onto a baking tray and into the oven to warm through. When they are ready, serve with some hummus and let everyone build their own pittas.
Hints & Tips
- Add some sliced and pitted black olives and lettuce to your pittas.