What you'll need
- 4 Rashers of Smokey Bacon or sliced Ham
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Large Egg Yolks, beaten
- 200g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 60g Parmesan plus extra for topping
- 400g Spaghetti or Fettucine Pasta
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
1. Finely chop the Bacon/Ham and lightly fry in a pan with the Olive Oil until lightly brown. Add the mushrooms and cook until soft. Turn off the heat and put to one side.
2. In a bowl, mix the beaten eggs and Parmesan Cheese together.
3. Cook your pasta as per the instructions and add it to the pan with the bacon/ham. (Do not throw the pasta water away). Give it a good mix.
4. Place the pan on a low heat and add the Egg Yolks and Parmesan mix. Keep stirring to ensure it doesn't catch on the pan. Add small splashes of some of the pasta water a bit at a time until you have a silky smooth sauce.
5. Serve into plates or bowls and top with some grated Parmesan.
Hints & Tips
1. Top with some chopped parsley or basil.
2. Leave out the bacon/ham for vegetarians.