What you'll need
- 500g British Beef Steak Mince
- 1/2 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Breadcrumbs
- 1 Scoop of a Hacker Seasoning (see choices above)
- Cheese, lettuce, gherkin and beef tomato (sliced) for serving
- 4 Rolls (white, ciabatta or brioche)
1. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook until softened (about 5 min).
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, breadcrumbs and a scoop of Hacker Seasoning. Using your hands mix all the ingredients together.
3. Mould the burger mix into one big ball and cut into 4 equal parts. Shape each part into a burger patty.
4. Then fry, grill or bbq.
5. Whilst the 2nd side of the burger is cooking, add the cheese on top to melt.
6. Lightly toast the inside of the burger roll/bun and then fill with the lettuce, tomato and gherkin
Hints & Tips
- Serve with mayonnaise, tomato ketchup and american mustard
- The burgers can also be baked in the oven at 200C / 400F. Ideally first sear them in a grill pan for 2-3 minutes either side, then place in the oven and bake for 10 - 15 minutes.